Inspiring thoughts for a Monday…
I always like to begin my week with some inspirational thoughts, quotes, passages. Mondays are notoriously difficult as we return from the weekend bliss to piles of paperwork and the grind of daily business. I find some inspirational words can help me see the bright side of a difficult situation and make the most of it.
Several weeks ago, I keynoted for the Million Dollar Round Table agent meeting for Max New York Life. Before my talk to 200 top producers for one of India’s largest life insurance companies, Eric Campbell, Executive Vice President for New York Life International, gave a great presentation on the power of our thoughts and words. At the end, he urged everyone in the room to embrace success and prosperity by beginning each day with the following declarations:
I declare that I am blessed:
- with wisdom and have a clear direction for my life.
- with creativity, with courage, with ability, and with abundance.
- with a strong will and with self-control and discipline.
- with a great family, good friends, good health, and with favor and fulfillment.
- with success and promotion.
- with a positive outlook on life.
- in the city, in the country, when I come in and when I go out.
- I declare that everything I put my hands to do will prosper and succeed.
- I declare that I am blessed.
Great words to start our day!
I recently spoke to a group from Optimist International, a non-profit service group which, by their mission statement, brings out the best in kids by providing hope and a positive vision. The Optimists have a daily creed not unlike Eric Campbell’s above:
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Again, great, inspiring, empowering words to begin our day, our week.
How do you start your day?
Do you have positive, inspiring words that echo through your head and keep you buoyed when times get tough and the path ahead is steep?
– Jake Norton
is an Everest climber, guide, photographer, writer, and motivational
speaker from Colorado.